How to wear my black cigarette pants?
Last week, I edited the closet of a client who owned several black cigarette pants and this gave me the idea to create a lookmaker about this timeless piece.
Here is how you could rock those.
First, make sure you have the right ones for you.
- the fold on the front is great but it shall not be pulled flat by the diameter of your tights
- if you own muscular tights, choose a sewn fold (yes they exist)
- without a fold works as well
- The fabric shall be rigid enough not to ressemble sweatpants or leggings
- the fabric shall not be too “polyester shiny”
- 7/8 length is perfect: pay attention that it is not shorter
- Ankle length works too
1. Cosy yellow
Cigarette pants have a natural “business” attitude. If your office is not too formal, you can break this style with a cosy knit and flat boots.
Warm colors always work wonderfully with black.
2. Rebellious tweed
A Chanel like jacket can instantly make you look 10 years older. Even more if you match it with something as classic as black cigarette pants.
I therefore recommend you to associate it with some boyish or rock shoes.
The printed Coachellike T-shirt is optional ^^ plain black, white or grey would work too.
3. Classy quirkiness
Silk shirts are warmer than you think. They are classy, feminine and the perfect elegant choice for winter.
With stilettos this is a great executive woman outfit.
You could go for plain classic colors, but here I chose to make the look stand out with a fun print and a messy hairstyle.
4. Sexy tuxedo
Yes cigarette pants can be worned for a night out, and personally I think they are often sexier than a dress for those who are “wow!” legs ^^
Pair them with a sophisticated top and sky-high heels for instance.
Complete with a sultry smokey.
And you? How do you wear your black cigarette pants?