How to dress at the office in summer?
It is june and summer is coming!
(Well actually in Paris, it is raining and I am freezing cold, but let’s pretend it’s hot).
Summer is great, we all agree on that, but we also all wish that we were sunbathing on the beach rather than beeing stuck in our sticky hot office, right?
Plus, one of the big problem of this situation is to manage to dress well without beeing uncomfortable. Which is especially an issues here in Paris where only a few offices have air conditioning.
Of course, our offices do not all have the same “rules”: while some women have to respect a very strict dresscode, other lucky gals can do pretty much whatever they want.
But each of us should follow some basic rules that will maintain their “office credibility” in all circumstances:
– Do not be too sexy: bodycon outfit, low cleavage, mini skirts, and pin-up make-up are to be avoided
– Do not be too sloppy: ripped jeans, working out pants, peeled of nailpolish and shoes in poor condition are always bad options
Put – at least a bit – your personal style into your outfit: it’s not because there is a dresscode that we all have to look like clones!
Let’s get you inspired with some outfits I created for all kind of offices and of women.
1. You work at a buisness attire office
Everyone around you wears blouses and tailored items and men all suit up.
With such a dresscode, lots of women go for grey, black and white and dream of the day they’ll be wearing all the rainbow colors they wish.
If you are in this situation, remember that those colors do not always look dull and that they are lots of ways to spice them up!
You can for instance inspire from men who put all the fun in the tie and prints. Do the same and add some interesting details to your classic outfit.
If you want to pull out more colors, it’s also fine: just stay on the chic side with classic and classy cuts.
And remember that good fabrics are a must when you have this kind of dresscode.
– Colored up classic outfit
– Pretty details, beautiful fabrics and perfect cuts classic outfit
– Light classic grey dress with hint of red
– Casual friday means chic in jeans
2. You work at a buisness casual office
– Classic, fresh and feminine
– Fashionista print mix made office proof
– Prints and a hint of pastel to rock the black and white
– Keep your rock attitude by making it classy
– Young and cute graduate
– Boho made très chic
– Preppy girly
– Casual friday young woman look
– Ethnic chic look
3. You work at a casual office
Just be careful not to appear tacky or neglected.
Dress up to what you do: in advertising or in fashion excentric looks can make you stand out in a good way.
– Sporty chic office look
– Funky punchy summer look
– Eccentric pastels
Et voilà 🙂
Have you found some new outfit ideas to wear at the office this summer?
Bises de Paris!