How to wear oversize?
When you think “oversize” the two first things that come to mind are
– the teenager trying to hide her body with clothes
– the Vogue editorial where the stick thin model looks stunning in oversize outfits
The first one is not inspiring and the second one is hard to transfer on a regular girls body in everyday’s life.
Despite that, oversize can actually look great on you when you know how to master it.
Here are some tricks!
All advices can be used separately or together.
1. Match it with skin-tight
– With an oversize top wear a skin-tight bottom
– With oversize pants wear a tight top
2. Reveal some skin
Wrists, ankles, decolletage, etc.
Either all at once or separately.
Or legs (also works with tights on)
3. Wear heels
Especially when trying to pull out the oversize total look as the lady here.
It will reveal your true waist under the oversize clothes
Phillip Lim Fall 2014
– Tuck the top in
You could also wear a tight perfecto jacket on yop of your oversize knit.
6. Be a model
Okay, just teasing you ^^
But only a model tall and thin woman (here Caroline de Maigret) can stylishly pull out the all oversize look without doing any of the 5 above mentioned tricks.
– If you have large hips, avoid oversize pants that will only make them look larger.
– If you are small do not go for all oversize look, you’ll be lost in it. I you go for oversize top, do not choose a long one, that will shorten you. If you go for oversize pants, wear heels.
– If you are busty, do not try to hide under oversize knits, that will end up make you look larger than you are
– If you are plump, be light on the oversize cause it enlarges the figure
And you? Do you dare wearing oversize clothes?
Cover collage: Unknown and Hatch