How to accessorize my forest green coat?
I recently bough a forest green colored coat but I do not know how to accessorize it outside. I usually wear it with a red scarf I own since a long time but I am not quite satisfied with the result. I love colors so I would prefer to wear something other than black but I have no clue what. Could you please give me some ideas?
I love that you choose a forest green coat.
Just by doing that you step out of the crowd. You could even wear just plain black with it and not look boring.
But I understand that you wish to color the winter a bit ^^
First, I agree with you, red is not a good match for green: it look too “christmas decor”. Same for gold. Santa bonus point if you pull out the three together.
I made a list of the colors you could wear with your coat (hat, scarf, gloves, bag)
– Purple and its variants: it is green’s complementary color and, even if it may strike you as a typical 80’s workout color combo, it actually very nice. If you are aiming for a more understated contrast I recommend you to go for darker or paler shades.
– Night blue: a sophisticated association
– Camel and beige: very chic in a cocoon, mountain spirit
– Other blues: baby, icy, navy, mediterranean… will also match green in a nice manner
– Chocolate brown: very lady
– Grey (dark or light): brings some urban casualness to the rich color that green is
More risky but nevertheless doable:
– White: beware of the snowy pine tree effect but otherwise adorable
– Burgundy: more subtle than red but may make you look like an off duty girl scout
– Yellow, orange and their friends: eventually will make you ressemble an iguana
Also think of prints to make your outfit stand out using neutrals.
1. Around purple
For this outfit I chose electric violet gloves that bring a flash of light.
I completed with neutrals: a black white lined scarf and a beige beanie in order to diversify without overloading.
2. Around zebra
3. Around blue